Monday, January 30, 2012

Correction

So, last night I was re-reading through many of my older blog posts, and I realized that I have repeated myself many times and when I go back to read through this, I want to make sure I am clear.  I obviously am new at the blogging thing, and repeating myself and misspellings are probably going to happen.  Pardon me as I get more used to this!  Just to clear up a few things:

Grunting- yes, I have mentioned this several times and still is something that makes Will unique.  Although just lately he has starting cooing and making other noises too.

Sleeping- as I'm reading previous posts, I always state that Will is such a good sleeper.  *I don't have anything to compare this to, so I take him being a very good sleeper, knowing some babies are better and some worse.  I do have to say that I LOVE to sleep, and was always a little concerned how I was going to do with lack of sleep.  In the first month, it always seemed that right after Will would eat, we would rock him and just when he got asleep he would wake up right when we tried to put him down, only to go through the whole process again....which let me tell you in the middle of the night can be pretty frustrating!  Hence why we were letting him sleep with us (which I realize now that I have mentioned a few times too!)  Anyway, while I think he is a normal sleeper for an infant, he is still needing to eat every 2 1/2 hours or so, which makes for not tons of sleep, but I have been surprised at how just 2-3 hour stretches of straight sleep can feel so refreshing! 

Smiles- ok, let me clear up---he first officially smiled at me on Christmas Day night...he looked me in the eye and gave me a side smile.  Then, they were very sporadic and just one every once in awhile, until my next post on Boy you make me smile---which is when he started to smile at me over and over, and I could tell that he was really smiling responsively back to me, etc.  Anyway, just wanted to clear that up :)

I also promised a few pictures--here are some from Christmas parties:

Phi Mu girls scarf exchange

The kiddos before their book exchange (minus Macklyn and Will and Baby Cook :))

No comments:

Post a Comment