Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nasty Cold :(

Over the last couple weeks, we have been busy, but enjoying our time with our little guy.  Unfortunately, this past week, Will got his first bad cold :(  He has been coughing and it seriously breaks my heart everytime I hear him cough---it just seems like it's so uncomfortable to him and he doesn't know what to do.  Such a helpless feeling (I have always really hated seeing someone I love sick...so this is the worst!)  Anyway, he has still been somewhat smiley, but not like his usual self.  It's definitley been harder putting him down to sleep, he has been more fitfull than usual, and woken up more during the night, but we are surviving!  Hopefully he will get over it soon, and it doesn't turn into anything more than a little cold.

Otherwise, let's see---last week (May 3-5) my Mom came and stayed with Will during the days---Don had a conference in KC, so it was a perfect time for Mom to spend the days with Will and for them to get to know each other better.  They had so much fun, and I know they both loved it!!  Last Friday night, we went to our 2nd Royals game of the season---it was very warm until the sun went down, but both Daniel and Will did great---even with it being past their bedtimes!  Actually, Will even slept all through the night BOTH nights last weekend!!  I was SO excited when I woke up at 6:30am, and realized that I hadn't had to wake up through the night---good job buddy!

This weekend, I got to spend my first real Mother's Day with Will.  Although he was sick, it was so much fun---and I got to enjoy extra snuggles and loving from Mama...  I got completely spoiled from my boys-- P got me a really nice card (made me cry!) and a gift card to go spend an entire day/night out with my sister!!  So, we will be able to go shop, go to a nice restaurant and then spend the night at a hotel some night!!!  Man, he definitely knows the perfect gift! :) :)  I told him he is setting the bar way high for all Mother's Day's from here on out! But, I felt extremely loved---and we went to church with Bill and Marilee and had a nice brunch out on their patio, and then enjoyed a nice walk later this afternoon.

My latest favorite thing Will has been doing - grabbing his toes/feet, so he is all curled up and then he'll roll side to side--and just have a huge grin on his face.  Oh--and he is now REALLY jumping in his jumper---he will bounce and bounce, and whenever we look over at him, he will smile SO big---like he is so proud and just happy that we are paying attention to him!  He definitely likes our attention, and doesn't care to play by himself --we like to say he's a 'people person' :) 





On a walk with Gramma J








Tired pumpkin

Eating like a big boy in his highchair!


I love jumping in my jumper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment