Thursday, October 6, 2011

This says it all..

Gramma J found this in a magazine and sent to me.... it's such a perfect way to express exactly what I'm feeling...all the thoughts and emotions as we anticipate our sweet baby's arrivial.  Mama can't wait to see you, to hold you, to snuggle with you, and to watch you grow from my baby to my big boy. 

I'm scared.  I'm excited.
I feel like I'm going to throw
up.  This is what I've dreamed about since
I was a little girl playing with dolls, but I'm not a little
girl anymore.  And this won't be a doll.  I'm going to be a mom. 
A real mom.  I am growing a baby inside me.  If this didn't happen every
day, I'd think it's a science fiction movie.  My friends have had babies, but you
just don't know how bizarrely cool it is until it happens to you. Will he look like me?
Will he look like his dad?  Both?  How can something so close be so far away?  I know him,
but I don't know anything about him.  I can hear his heartbeat.  His kicks practicially lift me off
the ground.  But is everything all right? I mean, is he developing all right?  Is everything okay?
I can't wait to see him.  I hope he looks like me. Or his dad. If he's healthy, I'm good either way.

2 comments: