- Will's first 4th of July- since it was in the middle of the week, and since Grandma and Grandpa Johnsen were in Hawaii this year, it was the first time in 8 years I didn't spend a 4th of July at the lake! :) But instead, we took it easy here at the house, and went up to Mimi and Gigi's, played in the pool, and had a nice meal. Since Will's bedtime is 8:00, he didn't make it to fireworks, and I was hoping I would get to see a few from our house, but this is the one time I didn't appreciate all the lovely Prairie Village trees :) Oh well---next year!
- I had to leave my baby for the first time over-night. This past week, I had to go help out at some demos in New Jersey--and it was my first time away from Will for a night--and this was two! I knew that he would be just fine with Patrick--but it was just so hard even thinking about not getting to see his sweet face and pick him up at the end of the day. Mama did good (of course Will and Patrick did too) and good thing our days are SO busy at demos, that it didn't give me too much time to sit around and dwell on it. Will got lots of good snuggles and kisses the entire day when I got home Thursday!
- We have gotten to enjoy a few weekends at home, and it's been so nice! I love just the little things---waking up with my boys... snuggling in bed.... doing things around the house... and getting in lots of good playtime (vs. running around all over the place the entire weekend!)
- Will has started putting together some words---we have heard a few 'da-da-da'....amongst other blabberings, but Patrick really loves to hear that of course! He thinks it's really funny when we say 'ba-ba-ba" to him though, and I'm excited to hear him start talking more.
- He loves eating still---but sometimes thinks it's playtime :) Lately he really likes to blow out his food once he feed him, and can make quite a bit of a mess. I have to remember that it's ok to be messy, we can clean him up, even if he gets carrots/squash/green beans in his hair, ears, nose, etc :)
- He hasn't started crawling yet, but is getting SO close! He wants to get there, and he'll get up a little bit and kind of scoot a little, or mostly just go down on his side and roll around. But, he is definitely moving and we need to start baby proofing the house, as all my baby emails keep reminding me :)
|Fun at Michael and Mallory's wedding|
|Fun with Grandpa D|