Thursday, December 8, 2011

A few of my favorite things...

I knew that I would love being a mom, but I had no clue how much!  It really is true when people say you have no idea the love you can feel until you have your baby.  It's just the best feeling in the world to look down at him and know that someday he will call me Mama....to know that we made him and created this life together... I can never give him enough kisses!!  Those cheeks are so kissable!  He is absolutely beautiful, and I can't help but call him pretty, because he really is!(Sorry buddy, some day I will stop calling you pretty, but you REALLY are!!)

All my life, when people ask what I want to be or what I want, I have always known that I want to be married and have kids, it's that simple, but that's really all I want!  Now that I have this beautiful family, words can't explain how blessed I feel to be Patrick's wife and Will's mom.

More of my favorite things about being a mom:
  • The way he smells--especially after a bath
  • When he stares up at me, with his eyes very awake and alert, and know that he is looking at me and hopefully recognizing that I'm his mama!
  • How everyone wants to see him when we go out somewhere! Knowing our sweet baby can make others smile as much as us too
  • Seeing those angel smiles as he is falling asleep/waking up mostly---he is going to have a gorgeous smile too!
  • I love, love, love nursing him!  I had no clue what an amzing feeling it would be, and the connection we have.  Such a wonderful physical and emotional connection, and I love the way he will look up at me when he's eating sometimes with his big eyes just staring up at me--melts my heart!
  • Just like dad....the other day when I was feeding Will, he had one hand on his chest and the other resting behind his head.... I was laughing telling Patrick about it and when I looked up, Patrick was laying the EXACT same way on our bed!! Same arms up and everything!!  They both can fall asleep in one second and be completely out, and Will also has Patrick's unattched earlobes :)
Will's favorite things:
  • Sleeping!! He is a great sleeper-- mom and dad really appreciate that!!
  • Usually in the late morning he is very alert and awake--I love seeing those beautiful eyes!! Now he will start doing tummy time during all the awake times also!
  • Grunting!! He seriously is usually making some kind of grunt/noise-- we must be used to it, but the pediatrician mentioned yesterday how vocal he is and I guess he really is!  A few times we can tell that he is really grunting and red-faced, most likely from gas.  But hasn't been too bad!
  • Pooping!  He is a great pooper :), and the sweet poopy smell from my milk is getting stronger---in fact, dad gagged a little the other day when changing him!
  • Putting his hands up to his face---it's so sweet and can tell it was his comfort in the womb, and now out in the world....the only bad part is he scratched himself, because he grips so hard!
  • He has great muscle tone, has great neck muscles and strong legs, and he squirms so much when we change him, he is usually rolling from side to side--- I dont' think it'll be long before this guy is rolling over!  Definitely have to keep an eye on him at all times!
  • He loves to be swaddled---that can almost always calm him down.  He loves his bouncy seat and swing also.
Lastly, this week my Mom has been in town all week---so nice to have her cleaning (she is a deep cleaning fanatic!!), spending time with Will, helping with meals, and ALL that she does!

This week we also took Will's newborn pictures at Moment's and Memories--I can't WAIT to see them!! I know they are going to be so, so good---I saw some of the pictures on her camera that she showed, and I seriously almost cried, I am so very glad we did it!

Will had his 2 week appointment yesterday--and the good news is, he now weighs 7 pounds!! YAY!! So, because he is above his birth weight, we no longer have to wake him up at night to eat, he could sleep all the way through if he wants to (after one night, Will slept four hour stretches at a time---seriously, have I mentioned how lucky we are yet??)  and then during the day he will still eat every 3 hours (but helps from the 2.5 I was doing before!)  Everything else looks really good---she is very impressed with how well he is doing---she told us to make sure when he's awake to do tummy time, to let him explore and play on the floor, that's the best way for him to learn and grow. 

Here are a few more pictures from the last several days:





4 comments:

  1. Your love for Will certainly makes me excited to be a mom someday! He is so stinkin' cute! I can't wait to see the professional photos you got taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SUCH an awesome post! (kudos on the breastfeeding, I work with post partum moms and know it can be hard,so great job :) )congratulations to all! love the dark dark hair too! just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you get to experience this wonderful gift of motherhood. God is SO good! Can't wait to see you guys again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading all about your wonderful "new" life with Will!!! He is adorable!!! Can't wait to meet him and I am super excited for your pics, we plan on getting Baby Cook's done by them too!So I'm glad you had a good experience!

    ReplyDelete